The University of Houston Civil Engineering (BSCE) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Civil and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
The mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in undergraduate education will be accomplished by achieving the following objectives:
University of Houston Civil Engineering Program graduates will:
- Become leaders in the engineering profession by meeting or exceeding employer expectations in the public or private sectors through the achievement of excellence in decision-making, design, ethics and communication skills.
- Continue to develop professionally by pursuing licensure, graduate and professional studies and/or continuing education.
- Contribute to society through active engagement and participation in organizations and committees to address important societal issues.
These objectives are consistent with the missions of the Cullen College of Engineering and the University of Houston.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
|B.S. in Civil Engr, BSCE||278||285||344||339||301|
|B.S. in Civil Engr, BSCE||74||63||66||69||73|