Numerous scholarship opportunities are available to students enrolled in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Some scholarship programs are open to all University of Houston students, such as those administered by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, while other programs are available only to students in the UH Cullen College of Engineering.
There are also several endowments (listed below) that support scholarship awards to students currently enrolled in our Department. Many of these scholarship endowments were created by, or in honor of, UH Civil and Environmental Engineering alumni.
For Civil Engineering Undergraduate Students:
- M.P. "Pat" Anderson Memorial Scholarship
- Cobb/Fendley Scholarship
- R. P. Doss Houston Contractors Association Scholarship
- The Jesse G. Gonzalez Scholarship
- Klotz Associates, Inc. Scholarship
- Herbert and Faye Lum Scholarship
- BGE| Ronald L. Mullinax Endowed Scholarship
- Vishnu and Rohini Divecha Civil Engineering Scholarship
- Stanford Daniel Ward, Jr. Scholarship
- Charles A. Beyer Houston Contractors Association Civil Engineering Scholarship
- The Lubrizol Foundation Scholarship
For Civil Engineering Undergraduate or Graduate Students:
- The Structural Consulting Company/Monteith Scholarship
- Charles J. Tamborello Memorial Scholarship
- Houston Chapter of the American Concrete Institute Scholarship
- Jimmie A. Schindewolf Academic Scholarship
- DFI Educational Trust Charles J. Berkel Memorial Scholarship
For Civil Engineering Graduate Students:
- Michael W. O'Neill Memorial Scholarship
- Ambrose John Malloy Endowed Graduate Fellowship
- CEE Oceans and Hydrosystems Scholarship
For Environmental Engineering Graduate Students:
Current UH civil engineering undergraduate students can apply for all scholarships housed in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering using a single application form. The application form and deadline are emailed to all BSCE majors at the end of spring semesters.
Graduate students should contact the director of the appropriate graduate program for information about applying for the graduate scholarships listed above.