Numerous scholarship opportunities are available to students enrolled in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Some scholarship programs are open to all University of Houston students, such as those administered by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, while other programs are available only to students in the UH Cullen College of Engineering.
There are also several endowments (listed below) that support scholarship awards to students currently enrolled in our Department. Many of these scholarship endowments were created by, or in honor of, UH Civil and Environmental Engineering alumni.
Scholarships for Civil Engineering Undergraduate Students:
- M.P. "Pat" Anderson Memorial Scholarship
- Cobb/Fendley Endowed Scholarship
- R. P. Doss Houston Contractors Association Scholarship
- Jesse G. Gonzalez Scholarship Endowment
- The Klotz Associates, Inc. Scholarship
- Herbert and Faye Lum Scholarship
- BGE Ronald L. Mullinax Endowed Scholarship
Scholarships for Civil Engineering Undergraduate or Graduate Students:
- The Structural Consulting Company/Monteith Scholarship
- Charles J. Tamborello Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Scholarship
- Jimmie A. Schindewolf Academic Scholarship
Scholarships for Civil Engineering Graduate Students:
- Michael W. O'Neill Scholarship
- Ambrose John Malloy Endowed Graduate Fellowship
Scholarships for Environmental Engineering Graduate Students:
Undergraduate students can apply for all scholarship housed in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering using a single application form. The application deadline for all undergraduate students is June 1 (a new application should be submitted each year). Award decisions are made during the summer and the awardees are notified in late summer or early fall.
Graduate students should contact the director of the appropriate graduate program for information about applying for the graduate scholarships listed above.