S.J. Lim (Ph.D.) Experimental Investigation of the Stability of a Pipe in Very Soft Clay
T.S. Hwong (Ph.D.) An Analytical Study of a Vertical Pile Under Dynamic, Lateral, Surface Loading
J.K. Chang (MSCE) Properties of Reinforced Concrete at Elevated Temperatures
M.M. Isfahani (MSCE) Investigation of Laterally Loaded Piles
R.J. McPherson (MSCE) A Study of Axial Load Transfer of Piles in Clays
R.K. Syal A (MSCE) Statistical Evaluation of Dynamic Pile Driving Formulae in Sand
B.T. McCaslin (MSCE) Statistical Correlations of Engineering Properties of the Gulf of Mexico Clays
D. Ganstine (MSCE) Statistical Correlations of Engineering Properties of the Beaumont Clays
H.B. Ha (MSCE) Experimental Investigation of Stress-Strain Characteristics of Clays Under Repeated Loading
J.R. Darnell (MSCE) A Review and Evaluation of the Theoretical Determination of Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Footings
P. Chaiseeha (MSCE) Effect of Drying and Wetting on Strength of Lime-Stabilized Clays
B.A. Phillips (MS) The Role of Wave Induced Pore Pressures in Causing Instability of Pipelines Buried in Sand
Dr. Ghazzaly's research interests are in Foundation Engineering, Soil Behavior and offshore Pipelines Flotation. He has supervised the M.S. and Ph.D. research of many students who graduated from the University of Houston over several years.
Refereed Journal Publications
- Vijayvergia, V. N. and O. I. Ghazzaly, "Prediction of Swelling Potential for Natural Clays," Proceedings, Third International Conference on Expansive Soils, Haifa, Israel, August 1973, pp. 227-236.
- Bonar, A. J. and O. I. Ghazzaly, "Research on Pipeline Floatation," Transportation Engineering Journal, A. S. C. E., Vol. 99, No. TE2, Proc. Paper 9718, May 1973, pp. 211-233.
- Ghazzaly, O. I. and B. T. McCasslin, "Statistical Correlations of Engineering Properties of Offshore Clay Deposits," Proceedings, Fifth Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, May 1973, Paper No. OTC 1902, pp. 767-776.
- Ghazzaly, O. I. and S. J. Lim, "Experimental Investigation of Pipeling Stability in Very Soft Clay," Proceedings, Seventh Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, May 1975, Paper No. OCT 2277, pp. 315-326.
- Ghazzaly, O. I. and H. B. Ha, "Pore Pressures and Strains After Repeated Loading of Saturated Clay," Discussion of Paper by N. E. Wilson & J. R. Greenwood, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1975, pp. 265-268.
- Ghazzaly, O. I., L. M. Kraft and S. J. Lim, "Stability of Offshore Pipe in Cohesive Sediments," Proceedings, A. S. C. E. Specialty Conference "Civil Engineering in the Ocean/III", Newark, Delaware, June 1975, Vol. 1, pp. 490- 503.
- Ghazzaly, O. I., T. S. Hwong and M. W. O'Neill, "Approximate Analysis of a Pile Under Dynamic Lateral Loading," Journal of Computers and Structures, Vol. 6, 1976, pp. 363-368.
- O'Neill, M. W., O. I. Ghazzaly and H. B. Ha, "Analysis of Three-Dimensional Pile Groups with Nonlinear Soil Response and Pile-Soil-Pile Interaction," Proceedings, Ninth Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, May 1977, Paper No. OTC 2838, pp. 245-256.
- O'Neill, M. W. and O. I. Ghazzaly, "Swell Potential Related to Building Performance," Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, ASCE, December 1977, Vol. 103, No. GT12, pp. 1363-1379.
- Ghazzaly, O. I., T. S. Hwong and M. W. O'Neill, "Pile Response to Dynamic Lateral Loading," Proceedings, Tenth Offshore Technology Conference, May 1978, pp. 2255-2259.
- Phillips, B. A., O. I. Ghazzaly and E. H. Kalajian, "Stability of Pipelines in Sand Under Wave Pressure," Proceedings, ASCE Specialty Conf. "Civil Engineering in the Oceans IV", San Francisco, California, Spetember 1979, Vol. 1, pp. 122-136.
- O'Neill, M. W., O. I. Ghazzaly and H. B. Ha, "Assessment of Hybrid Model for Pile Groups," Transportation Research Record 733, December 1979, pp. 36-43.
- Georghiou, C., M. W. O'Neill and O. I. Ghazzaly, "Spatial Characterization of Expansive Clay," Transportation Research Record 1032, Transportation Research Board, pp. 8-15, April 1986.